< Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, May 11, 2007

jeepneys and i

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket while other kids thought that riding a bicycle by themselves is the greatest sign of childhood autonomy, mine was to independently ride a jeepney. most of my life is a 60-minute ride from home to a specific destination and vice-versa, in heavy traffic. I have come to appreciate jeepney rides for what they are. they take you from point A to point B and give you a fast view of life in between; making you realize that yours is not the only life there is on this relatively young planet. yours is not the only mind that thinks, not the only heart that beats. somewhere in that life in between that you have passed through traffic and pollution, hearts are broken, stars are chased, love is found. life thrives even in poverty.

countless times before, i board a jeepney confused, disoriented, about to fall apart. in between, the jeepney cradles my silent dreams, hidden fears and secret hopes. a bittersweet battleground of desire and reason. i alight from it with a clear head and a determined heart. myself stitched back together. a ride was all it took. i foresee more rides like these in my life. and I know I’ll get through it whole and well because in each ride, an unseen magnanimous passenger will be there with me.

jeepney rides aren’t the most comfortable rides but life is hardly a comfortable trip. but it’s all worth it in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|